2015: 15 good reasons to shoot in Piedmont
- There are only good reasons to make a film in the Italian region
● 15% of the budget spent by productions in the region is covered by the FC Torino Piemonte
● Flexibility – There are no competitive bids and deadlines. Audio- visual productions can access the support without following any special bureaucratic procedures.
● European locations – the region does not just offer a variety of landscapes with a strong identity but, above all, with the city of Turin, it can offer ideal locations for European settings.
● Logistics – the Film Commission Torino Piemonte makes available its cinema citadel, an 8,000 sq. meter structure which can provide productions with offices, meeting and rehearsal rooms, warehouses for set materials and a movie theater.
● On-site crew – Thanks to the level of specialization of the professional figures present in the region, producers can put together their crews on-site with consequent savings on travel allowances.
● Dramas get longer with Rai’s Turin Production Center. In Spring 2015 Rai’s Production Center, with the support of the Film Commission, will realize an ambitious long-running series project.
● Tax credits are easier with FIP – Only in Piedmont does the Film Commission work in synergy with a structure– Film Investimenti Piemonte – that specializes in providing external tax credit advice to companies in the region outside the sector.
● From the city to the region – Producers are offered new opportunities in the provinces, combining the variety and originality of the landscapes with economic advantages.
● 1.5 million Euros – This is the amount invested in 2014 by non-sector entrepreneurs in the region with tax credits for productions filmed in Piedmont.
● An entrepreneur president who can tell another entrepreneur what the Film Commission can do.
● Internationality. Audiovisual promotion is enhanced if it is combined with promoting the excellences of the region. The Film Commission Torino Piemonte is working on a co-production project with China involving Piedmontese wine producers.
● Tourism –cinema in Piedmont is also seizing the big event-oppor- tunity offered by EXPO 2015. The Film Commission, in agreement with regional administrators, is working on the organization of movie tourism itineraries in the region.
● 6 million Euros in total – The Film Commission’s 3 million Euro budget allocated by public partners last year has been confirmed. In 2015 it aims to double the budget with the same amount of private investment.
● 15 million Euros – This is the economic effect on Piedmont in 2014 from the 76 projects supported .
● 15 years – The Film Commission Torino Piemonte’s story began in 2000. 15 years of experience and passion.
In collaboration with
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.